About the Company
Posted June 25, 2021
Digital marketing and tech agency in business for 20 years, located in Lincoln, RI is looking for a qualified wordsmith with a creative personality and strong communication skills to come on board as a Marketing Copywriter. This candidate will assist our Account Managers with content creation for internal projects as well as for our diverse portfolio of clients. Being a Marketing Copywriter means being EXTREMELY adept at time management. If you are the type of person who sets deadlines for tasks in your personal life or if your friends tease you for always being at least 15 minutes early to every get-together, this might be the right position for you. Our Copywriters need to be or become proficient in writing:
- Social media posts and advertising
- Website content
- Email marketing short and long-form
- Long-form content for booklets
- Video scripts and descriptions
- Product descriptions
- Landing pages
- Drafting & Editing Marketing Content
- Adhering to Deadlines Set by Copy Team Lead and Account Managers
- Researching & Outlining Content Ideas for Clients Based on Brand Identity and Client Goals
- Interpreting & Conveying Complex Concepts to Layman Audiences
- Interpreting & Conveying Complex Concepts to Professional or Technical Audiences
- Adopting & Developing the Unique Brand Voices of Clients Spanning Various Industries
- Accepting & Applying Feedback from Fellow Copy Team Members, Account Managers, and Clients
- Proofreading & Revising Content from Fellow Copywriters, Providing Feedback as Needed
- Honestly Assessing Personal Workload & Reporting Availability or Delays to Copy Team Lead
Our Ideal Applicant
Our ideal applicant would be a driven self-starter, have excellent proofreading skills, be creative, quick-witted, and able to think on their feet. Excellent grammar skills are a must. An eye for design would be a plus, but is not expressly required. We’re looking for a team player with a constant interest in learning. A positive outlook on feedback and a determination to contribute will benefit you greatly in this position. So please apply if:
- For you, nothing beats the satisfaction of making lists and systematically crossing off completed tasks
- The feeling of transforming a blank page into a compelling piece of writing motivates rather than daunts you
- Missing a deadline is an absolute no-can-do for you
- You love to be challenged on a daily basis, but know when to ask for help
- Being able to truly say that no day at work is the same excites you
- Flexibility and mental agility are some of your brag-worthy attributes
- You view feedback as a growth opportunity
- You get excited to share what you know with others after digging into a research project
- You have a talent for reading between the lines to figure out what people really mean and want
- You’re a chameleon and can easily adapt to the changing needs of a small and growing agency
- You’d rather work until the job is done than put something off until tomorrow
- You are interested in working with a team of creative individuals in an innovative environment and continually learning from a digital marketing expert to help further your expertise and career
We Respect You – Please Respect Us
We understand that you may not have everything we’re looking for, but your time and our time are valuable so we ask nicely – please do not apply if you do not have the minimum requirements listed below. Also take note, we always review social media prior to contacting you, so if your LinkedIn Profile is out of date you’re ultimately communicating to us that you do not value social media.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English, journalism, or equivalent writing experience.
- You have held an internship, freelance, part-time, or full-time position in the marketing field.
- You have a passion for marketing online.
- You are comfortable working with remote teams.
- You have reliable internet and a working mic & webcam.
What We Offer to Full-Time Employees:
- Full Medical, Dental
- Paid Holidays and Vacation time
How to Apply
If you are interested in working with a team of creative individuals in an innovative environment, please reply with the subject line “TTG Copywriter” and include your availability to email@example.com
Please attach a PDF Resume and writing samples, preferably from a marketing context. Applications failing to meet these requests will be ignored.
If your resume and experience meet our required skill set, we will contact you and schedule a virtual interview.