It’s no news that the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) caused an accelerated shift to ecommerce in recent months. Now, with fall and the holiday season just around the corner, stores have reopened all over the country, and yet the online shopping trend shows no sign of slowing down. In fact, 71% of US adults plan to do more than half of their holiday shopping online this year, according to data from daVinci Payments (see graph of data below).
Similarly, a study performed by GlobalWebIndex in April of this year reveals that 31% of US internet users ages 16 to 64 plan to shop online more frequently after the pandemic ends, and 30% expect to visit stores less frequently.
With eCommerce swiftly becoming the “new norm”, tech-driven consumers are seeking convenient, contactless shopping experiences this holiday season. Retailers unwilling to at least make the partial pivot to digital should prepare to fall by the wayside, as brick-and-mortar businesses open to the idea of selling their products online, receive support from consumers.
According to customer engagement platform provider Braze, consumers do want to shop online, but 48% of consumers also state the importance of “supporting local retailers”. So, what does this mean for your small businesses? How can you tailor your commerce to your customers in a way that makes everyone happy?
Enter: The Digital Pop-Up Store
Just a few months ago, I wrote a blog post about digital pop-up shops being excellent tools for small business owners (you can access that here). Not only do digital pop-up shops engage consumers in meaningful, interactive ways, they also link a brand with an immersive experience that leverages technology to make products stand out.
For those considering a digital pop-up shop, there’s no time like the present to get started. Here’s why…
- Cushion Your Business: Should a second wave of COVID-19 be in the cards for the fall, a major uptick in online shopping would be inevitable. Setting up a virtual storefront to sell products online should this be the case is a preemptive measure any business owners would be wise to take— especially for the holidays.
- Themed “Shops” for Featured Collections, Sales & Clearance Events: These online storefronts are easily-themed shops with an ability to capitalize on the spirit of the upcoming holiday season. What’s more, they can be used to effectively draw attention to a new collection or an end-of-season clearance.
- Get a Taste of E-Commerce: Digital Pop-Up Shops are perfect for business owners who aren’t quite ready to make a serious commitment to digital selling. There’s no long-term commitment involved, so you can test the waters and find out if eCommerce is for you.
- Connect and Sell on Instagram & Facebook: These virtual stores are great to link to on social to promote and sell specific products for the audiences you’re targeting on each platform.
- Low-Cost Investment: For a flat-rate of only $750, your Digital Pop-Up Shop gives you a full month’s worth of supercharged digital sales.
- Uncapped Sales: Speaking of sales, a Digital Pop-Up Shop allows you to sell online without limitations, depending on which platform you build on. Considering that some eCommerce site providers put a cap on sales, this is important.
- Virtually & Physically Safe: SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption ensures all online payments are safe and secure, so you can enjoy peace of mind knowing you and your customers are protected from fraud. Similarly, your staff and consumers gain additional peace of mind by knowing your physical store won’t be flooded with customers looking to buy gifts for the holidays.
- Crisp, Clean Design: Clean, easy to navigate designs put your brand in the spotlight and make your products shine.
- Mobile-Friendly: Digital Pop-Ups are optimized for seamless mobile user experience.
Ready to Get Started with Your Pop-Up?
Check out our Digital Pop-Up Shop package!